[RFC] LDAP user management tools

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Fri Oct 15 09:51:22 GMT 1999

Gerald Carter wrote:

> I'm in the process of building some tools
> for manipulating users in a Samba LDAP account
> backend.  This will mostly likely be ing Perl
> using the Mozilla::LDAP module.
>
> Here's the RFC...

Very useful. I think the perl is good solution and the use of the
Mozilla::LDAP or Net::LDAPapi is better than call a ldap* binaries (and
more faster too). We have a perl script but for the moment manage only a
few
groups. Also we have another scrip for insert the unix passwd in
the userpassword:{crypt}<passwd>, but this is another question.

If the script can use the user/groups maps or similar (/etc/group
/etc/passwd) will be perfect...
May the bin/smbpasswd will be called from the script?

> Comments, suggestions and/or help welcome,
We can help with the perl stuff.

Ignacio

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     e-mail: icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              fax:    948 425619
University of Navarra      voice:  948 425600
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/