Corporate Reactions to Linux (fwd)

Simon Murcott simonmu at optimation.co.nz
Wed Oct 13 23:33:16 GMT 1999

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Fredrik Norrman wrote:

   What I suggested Samba takes care of is the case where
   a stupid user who sets up his first RedHat server and
   misconfigures Samba and brings down the corporate NT network
   because of that.
   You can easily solve that by checking if _someone else_ is
   already registered as PDC on the network.

This is actually normal NT behaviour (I have done it before with two NT
servers). If your bring up a PDC when another PDC is present for the same domain
it instantly turns itself into a workstation.

Regards

Simon Murcott