AFS with Samba PDC

Allan Bjorklund allan at umich.edu
Mon Oct 11 17:07:08 GMT 1999

    Hi,

        Sorry for the delay in replying.  Been busy and not able to
    keep up with email.

--On Thursday, September 16, 1999, 5:25 PM +0200 Johan Hedin
<johanh at fusion.kth.se> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Allan Bjorklund wrote:
>

>> --On Thursday, September 16, 1999, 10:35 PM +1000 Johan Hedin
>> <johanh at fusion.kth.se> wrote:
>>
>>     Yes, but what we've done is a bit ugly and we are looking for a
>>     better way.
>
> Still looks a lot better than what I was planning to do. Are you
> planning on giving this away?

    Were still thinking about that one.  Since our code modifications
use encryption, we've got to see how export laws would affect it.

> I will propably do the clear text password patch anyway, we will propably
> use it for some Win95 boxes.
>

> What about preformance? Would Transarc NT-client and Samba for printing
> be a lot faster, than Samba for both files and printing?

    We attempted benchmarks three ro maybe four years ago. But it
was an add hoc attempt and we didn't get clean numbers.  Haven't
tried again since then.

> /Johan Hedin

> | Johan Hedin                      | johanh at fusion.kth.se             |
> | Ph.D. Student and System Manager | http://www.fusion.kth.se/~johanh |

--Allan

  Allan Bjorklund                  |                  allan at umich.edu
  Systems Research Programmer      |           University of Michigan
  Research Systems UNIX Group      |               535 W. William St.
  Information Technology Division  |              Ann Arbor, MI 48103
  1-(734)-763-9391                 |                           U.S.A.