Corporate Reactions to Linux (fwd)

Juergen Bock jrb at fluent.de
Mon Oct 11 09:02:27 GMT 1999

Hi there,

of course that might be stupid, but everybody who tries to
implement Linux and/or samba has to be aware of the fact that
people are very sceptical about these "hacker systems". People
are forgiving about NT for whatever reason, but if the same happens
to something new they just discard it. So, whenever I had to
convince my employers of Linux (or something else they didn't
know), I tested very thoroughly to avoid situations like the one
described.
I'm convinced that Linux is the better OS, but NT is established.
And especially those who have never dealt with Linux will defend
their beloved NT and kick Linux's butt for the slightest reason.

Juergen

Juergen Bock			jrb at fluent.de
FLUENT Deutschland GmbH 	Hindenburgstrasse 36
D-64295 Darmstadt		+49-(0)6151-3644-0