Samba w/ LDAP

Angus Robertson angus at gactr.uga.edu
Sun Oct 10 01:37:35 GMT 1999

When using LDAP:

Is there anyway to get around having the machine account in /etc/passwd.

This isn't necessary for the user account.

Also - as a sidenote, we've found it easier to add account entries using
ldap specific tools (as any particular user entry contains info for many
other services referencing the same LDAP entry) - so we end up using
smbpasswd purely for changing passwords.

...and :), The latest cvs won't build under Linux either:

Linking bin/nmbd
libsmb/clientgen.o: In function `cli_establish_connection':
libsmb/clientgen.o(.text+0x4ef3): undefined reference to `prs_init'
libsmb/clientgen.o(.text+0x4f50): undefined reference to `create_ntlmssp_resp'
libsmb/clientgen.o(.text+0x4f5a): undefined reference to `prs_link'
libsmb/clientgen.o(.text+0x5005): undefined reference to `prs_mem_free'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/nmbd] Error 1

Thanks,

angus