PDC Question...

Richard Bleeker richardb at crosswinds.net
Thu Oct 7 18:29:52 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: listproc-errors at samba.anu.edu.au <listproc-errors at samba.anu.edu.au>
Date: Thursday, October 07, 1999 7:15 PM

>Hello,
>
>I am messing with samba to use PDC, but I am having problems, so I was
>wondering wether anyone has any success stories for me/others, like a
>their smb.conf file or something like that, if someone would be willing to
>post something like this to me, I would apreciate it highly.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Theodor Ragnar Gislason.

What a great idea, Theo!

If anyone has a success story, perhaps they could post it to not just you,
but to the
rest of us in the mail list too!
I have also tried to get the CVS ver of Samba to work as PDC but alas, to no
avail.
My NT Server4 box logs on but I cannot administer the domain using User
Manager for Domains....it complains that I don't have rights to do
that.....also moans that I haven't got rights
to do a whole bunch of other stuff too.

In short, when I logon to the Samba-controlled Domain, I lose all my
Administrator
priveledges........:(

Rich