becoming local admin on NT (works)

Dave.Stevenson at durham.ac.uk Dave.Stevenson at durham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 1 07:32:18 GMT 1999

1/Related to this issue ( but really a uNIX problem)

Having established the Domain Groups and mapped them to UNIX groups
and have them all working nicely, how do you get over the problem
of having to list all users in the /etc/groups file in the "users" group so that
they appear in usrmgr?

especially when you have crippleware in Solaris 2.6 that seemingly  won't allow
multiple line entries or even things like

users::1066:@anothergroup

I've seen the discussions in the ntdom archive but didn't see any suggestions re a good
cure.

2/ When enumerating groups I don't really want to see unix groups that are not
explicitly in the %SAMBAROOT%/lib/domaingroups.map

or maybe have the option to include the rest eg something like

admins=Domain Admins
users=Domain Users
*=*

  minor irritation really :-)