COngratulations to the Samba team & a litltle Feedback.

Jankok, L. (dsc) Lucio.Jankok at asz.nl
Tue Nov 30 10:36:14 GMT 1999

Hi,

First of all let me also congratulate the samba team, guys thank for the
superb accomplishment!
About the book, it is a useful book, you can view an example chapter (5) at
ora.com or you can
download a copy (html) from samba's main (or a mirror I suppose) ftp site.
It is the first print so you may (as I did) find some errors in it, but I
haven't encounter any critical
error yet.
About samba, I have it running with roaming profiles, policies, network
printers, home directories,
logon scripts, domain logons. encrypted password support etc. etc..  just
like an nt pdc but then
with packet filtering firewall, apache web server, disk quota support and
telnet server for remote
administration.. all this took 87 MB of my HD space (slackware 7.0)... I did
this in two weekends.
I didn't and still don't feel the need for a "simpler" (depends on your
definition) interface.. swat
was really useful in the beginning through its help button on each item, but
after I knew what to
do I preferred the simple text interface.. it is a matter of taste.. I don't
like to configure any part of
a server with a gui tool, it is just not a comfortable thought..
Cheers,

Lucio Jankok