Permissions

Jon Doyle Jon at document-solutions.com
Sun Nov 28 00:38:41 GMT 1999

I made a typo, sorry;  I am saying that users cannot erase in a directory if it is created. For example, user1 creates a directory with two files in it and user2 tries to erase, it is denied. I see that UMASK is set to 000 giving everyone permission! What am I doing wrong? I can chmod -R g+wrx and things go OK, it is when a user copies new files and directories or creates new ones I see the problem.

I see an area of smb.conf that has "create mode" this is on the [home] entry I do not have one on the [Universe] should an entry be here? And would this help?

Attached is my smb.conf

Jon

Jon R. Doyle
Systems Administrator