Samba Segfault on NT Login when /etc/group contains user not in /etc/passwd or .../smbpasswd (PR#21228)

Alex Satrapa alex at topic.com.au
Thu Nov 25 23:22:45 GMT 1999

But it gets worse...

If I have a non-magic-named user (eg: "fred") associated with a group in
/etc/group, but that user is not present in /etc/passwd or
.../smbpasswd, then smbd will "fix" the group to not include that user.

If I have a magic-named users (eg: "uucp") associated with a group, smbd
will *not* fix the group. At least, that's my reading of the debug messages.

Which probably only serves as a surface symptom of the clompexity you're
talking about. ;)

Sorry I can't figure out a patch for you - one day I'll learn to read C.

Regards
Alex