Syncronizing and Tunning problems with Policies

Sellaro sellaro at lia.ufc.br
Wed Nov 24 16:48:40 GMT 1999

Hi there again, folks.

Policies are working now (thanks for the help!!!), but now I have other
problems :)

Just to refresh your mememory, I'm running samba 2.0.6 as a PDC. I got
policies working after run this registry update:
-------CUT-----
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\control\Update]
"NetworkPath"="\\\\HARPIA\\netlogon\\ntconfig.pol"
"UpdateMode"=dword:00000002
"Verbose"=dword:00000001
------CUT-----

Using a Policy Editor from one of NT workstations here, I set options such
as "deny access to shutdown button", "hide settings menu" etc. Some of
them work, some of them don't. Besides, some of my network users get the
restrictions, while other (from the same users group) doesn't. What is
wrong? I've edited policies for default user and default computer only. Is
this the point?

Other (dumb) question is: sometimes I change policies, copy the
ntconfig.pol to netlogon share on my samba PDC (yes, the setting for
netlogon share are OK. I've followed NT Dom FAQ), but Workstations DON'T
update policies. What's goig on? :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Sellaro

Laboratorio do Mestrado em Ciencia da Computacao
Network Administrator - Departamento de Computacao - UFC

PGP Key Available Upon Request