Problems with samba as PDC

Mike Harris mike at psand.net
Fri Nov 19 10:30:27 GMT 1999

Matthias,

I have checked out your patch, but I'm inclined to agree with Kevin, we
shouldn't further over-complicate the parameter settings.  As I mentioned
before, perhaps we should make the secuiry parameter more Windows world
friendly (even though this creates duplicity and redundancy in the
parameters.  Another suggestion, how about:

security=

SHARE (level), USER (level), SERVER (remote server), MEMBER (domain member),
PDC and BDC ?

In that way, I think there'll be less confusion for newbies (especially
those well-versed in a Windows environment)

??

Mike Harris,
Psand España.