Win2K joining a Samba domain progress

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Mon Nov 15 21:00:46 GMT 1999

Hi,

well, it is damn frustrating.

I now seem to have opnum 0x05 implemented but I now get the following error:

  The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "sambanet":

  The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

However, the opnum 0x05 seems to have succeeded.

However, what is interesting is that Win2k sends an opnum 0x28 against
\NETLOGON to an NT4.0 svr which succeeds, while Samba does not like it.

Perhaps we need to find out what the 0x28 is.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course