Win2000 Pro RC2 can't find the Domain controller

Matt Chapman matty at cifs.org
Mon Nov 15 11:29:51 GMT 1999

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 10:21:28PM +1100, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Modified the smbpasswd file to give an account W access, but got a message
> back saying The specified domain either does not exist or could not be
> contacted.
>
> Now to look at the NetMon trace to see what the problem was.

Cool! Now look for these things:

 (i) It's sending an SMBwrite instead of SMBwriteX. I added this in 2.0
     but haven't merged it into HEAD yet.

(ii) It's calling an RPC with a high opcode (one of the Win2k ones) and
     we are returning no data where we should be indicating an RPC fault.

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member