NT PDC & Samba

Mike Westkamper mjwestkamper at weiinc.com
Thu Nov 11 22:49:22 GMT 1999

Thanks for your help. I am one step closer. The linux/samba box will
allow me to see the shares if I logged onto the NT domain.  Two steps
were vital... The creation of the entry in the NT domain controller for
the linux box AND logging on to the domain, not onto my system as a
local administrator. This now sounds obvious, however the steps can be
trickey.

One problem remains.. the ability to write to the shares.

here is a snip from smb.conf
---------------------------------
[public]
        path = /public
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes
--------------------------------

What I want to do is to allow all domain users the ability to read/write
the public share.
I have set up the directory as follows...

[root at auxfs /]# dir -l
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         2048 Oct 15 15:29 bin
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     root         1024 Oct 15 15:35 boot
..
..
drwxrwxr-x   2 root     root         1024 Nov  9 19:33 public
..

The intent is to build a directory structure under public for projects,
shared software archives, and other public directories.

Regardless of how I log on through smb I cannot seem to access public
for write.

Mike