Connection problems with WinNT/95

Richard Kail rkail at kail.at
Thu Nov 11 20:05:25 GMT 1999

Hello !

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Türck, Clemens wrote:

> On Linux SUSE 6.0 I have installed Samba to put some gigabytes of files from
> Linux onto a WindowsNT workstation.
[...]
> I have the similar problems when trying to retrieve the files via ftp
> (proftp, port 21), with WindowsNT/95.

What linux kernel version are you using ? I think, there is a problem with
the Tcp/Ip Stack of the kernel coming with SuSE 6.0. Try to use a 2.2.13.
If you have a SMP Machine try a single CPU kernel.

Gruesse,
	Richard

--
"Either gravity is different than we think it is or time is messed up
somehow" -- Michael Nieto, about the unexpected slowdown of space probes.