Authentication models for PDC

Thien Vu thien at ac.housing.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 11 01:22:05 GMT 1999

I'm in the process of converting my Windows NT based PDC to Samba, but am
having problems with user authentication. We are trying to integrate
Linux, Win98, and WinNT Workstation environment to have only one login and
password. I understand that Samba can be used to authenticate both WinNT
and Win98, but would it be possible to have Samba use the underlying Linux
authentication using PAM? This is because our Linux passwords are being
synchronized from another Linux machine.

thanks