Server Manager (for Domains)

Burt Avery ba2k at virginia.edu
Fri Nov 5 20:56:20 GMT 1999

Under Samba 2.0.5a with what i uderstand is incomplete domain support,
should i be able to run either Server Manager or User Manager for Domains
in any fashion? As Administrator on a local system which is NOT logged in
to the domain, I can startup Server Manager and see the several NTWS
systems that have been added to the smbpasswd file with -m flag. When i try
to attach (open) any of the systems belonging to the domain, I am greeted
with an "access denied message". When logged into the domain as win98adm
which has domain sdmin rights, I hope!
where  smb.conf contains the line

domain admin users = Administrator win98adm

and

Administrator corresponds to win98adm in the username map file

I get an immediate rpc failed message when trying to open Server Manager,
that is, probably when trying to access the domain "SAM" that Samba
simulates. There is no Microsoft NT Server in the domain to act as a PDC or
BDC, Samba 2.0.5a offers the only domain account admin capability, as it
exists.

In short, with a "healthy", correctly configured Samba 2.0.5a, should those
be my experiences?

Thanks,
-ba-

Burt Avery