Problem with smbmount

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Mon Nov 1 15:41:59 GMT 1999

I am having trouble using the smbmount command to mount a shared resource on
a win95 box.  I am running RH 5.2 using Linux as DHCP server and internet
gateway via dialup modem.  I can do nmblookup hostname and see the box fine.
I can do 'smbclient -L hostname' and see all its shared resources without
any problem.  When I do smbmount against one of these shared resources on
this box however, I get 'hostname:unknown host - The -I option may be
useful'  I have tried all the options applicable to this situation and can't
seem to figure it out.

rpm -q smbfs yields smbfs-2.0.1-4 - Do I need a different version of this,
or isn't smbmount part of the samba install?  BTW I am using samba-2.05a.

TIA

James

-------If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes----------
BE SURE TO REMOVE THE OBVIOUS ANTI-SPAM STUFF IN MY RETURN ADDRESS

James W. Beauchamp, P.E.
Global Environmental Solutions, Inc.
2621 Sandy Plains Road
Suite 102