Then, anyone can tell me about "unable to join domain"??

Justo Alonso Achaques justo at creditoycaucion.es
Mon May 31 13:41:17 GMT 1999

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Tomek Jarosinski wrote:

> >   I wan't install how PDC, only that the Samba server join to the domain
> >
> Hello,
  Hello

> Read carefully all samba nt faq docs and encryption.txt docs.
> Important:
> 1. Samba has to be set with encrypted passwords
  Ok

> 2. You have to make accounts for every pc and add with smbpasswd -a -m
> wsname

  But with -a -m params, you create the machine account in the Samba PDC
  server, and I wan't that the Samba are a PDC, only a NT server, which
  pass the auth to the PDC (a NT box)

  I make de account for the samba server in the PDC of the domain

> 3. Does your samba server is also wins server for your domain ? Better
> do it.

  I have other wins server. Support in samba server is off.
  But wins server = 172.17.1.1

> 4. You need a correct smb.conf

  Well.... I want this.. !! ;)))

  When I execute the command:
# smbpasswd -j MYDOMAIN -r pdcserver
modify_trust_password: machine PDCSERVER rejected the session setup. Error
was : code 131.
1999/05/31 15:30:26 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain MYDOMAIN.
Unable to join domain MYDOMAIN.
#

> I am using this:

  well, this is a smb.conf to a Samba PDC server, isn't it???