Then, anyone can tell me about "unable to join domain"??

Tomek Jarosinski tomek at is.fh-hamburg.de
Mon May 31 12:56:13 GMT 1999

>   I wan't install how PDC, only that the Samba server join to the domain
>
>   I probed with 2.0.4b on AIX and don't work ("unable to join domain.."
>   message), the error message is the same, code 131. And the debug
>   messages (level 5)are similar.
>
>   But, thankx Tomek, at least someone reply me.. ;))
>
> > --
> > Have a nice day !
> > Tomek Jarosinski

Hello,

Read carefully all samba nt faq docs and encryption.txt docs.
Important:
1. Samba has to be set with encrypted passwords
2. You have to make accounts for every pc and add with smbpasswd -a -m
wsname
3. Does your samba server is also wins server for your domain ? Better
do it.
4. You need a correct smb.conf

I am using this:

[global]
        workgroup = PPMW
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m.%U
        max log size = 100
        time server = Yes
        load printers = No
        character set = iso8859-1