Getting PDC working in samba with RedHat 5.[12]

Mike A. Harris mharris at ican.net
Fri May 28 15:14:50 GMT 1999

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Kevin Myer wrote:

>> Samba is:  samba-1.9.18p7-2
>
>I believe you need to use 2.0 or higher to get PDC functionality.....

Is that true for sure?  The documentation that comes with Samba
states that you can get Windows clients to login to Samba and
authenticate.  I read all of the documentation, and from what I
can tell either:

1) It can be done.

2) It can't be done, and the documentation is wrong/wishful.

Since I'm know expert at this (yet), either is entirely possible
I suppose.  All I really want is for the machine to authenticate
network logons in place of NT.

I've got 2.0.4b downloaded but not yet installed, should I
upgrade from 1.9.18 to 2.0.4b?

Also, my posting was incorrect, the version of samba that I was
really using was:

samba-1.9.18p10-3

I doubt that that makes any difference though.

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...