No join for a NT domain

Justo Alonso Achaques justo at creditoycaucion.es
Fri May 28 12:41:13 GMT 1999

Hello...

well, I'm installing a Samba Server 2.0.3 on Aix 4.3.2

I maked the account in the PDC server, (I probed SERV and
SERV$, but don't work) and execute the smbpasswd
command, but not join to the domain.. ;(((

I read DOMAIN_MEMBER.txt, and the archives of this list,
but I don't found the solution.

I have set the password encryption option, workgroup, netbios
name, etc....

Can anyone help me???.. please...

thankx, in advance... and sorry for my english.. ;))

Report for the command:

smbpasswd -j DOM -r PDC -D 5
resolve_name: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name PDC<0x20>
getlmhostsent: lmhost entry: 172.17.1.1 PDC
Connecting to 172.17.1.1 at port 139
Sent session request
size=1
smb_com=0x0
smb_rcls=0
smb_reh=0
smb_err=0
smb_flg=0
smb_flg2=0
smb_tid=0
smb_pid=0
smb_uid=0
smb_mid=0
smt_wct=0
smb_bcc=0
modify_trust_password: machine PDC rejected the session setup. Error was
:
 code 131.
1999/05/28 15:11:02 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password f
or domain DOM.
Unable to join domain DOM.