c00000BE error (service pack 5)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Thu May 27 19:29:07 GMT 1999

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Kevin Myer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After figuring out that rid and uid apparently must be the same number and

hm.  you should be able to not have a rid entry and the ldap system should
create one for you.  if you _do_ have a rid and it's not same as uid, this
is a bug if they are required to be same number.

they can be different and it make no odds.

> that the ntuid field is the login name, I have successfully logged into a
> domain where Samba is the PDC and where I'm using a LDAP backend to store
> the info!  Hooray - this has made working with NT fun again :)

careful, kevin :)

> I have come across a "feature" perhaps that Microsoft incorporated in
> service pack 5.  I am running Windows NT workstation 4.0 with service pack
> 5 applied, in a virtual machine from VMware nonetheless.  This is with
> OpenLDAP 1.2.1, the Head-CVS Samba code and the problem I get is after I
> login and authenticate succesfully, I am told that my password expires
> today and am given the option to change it.  After I enter and reconfirm
> my password, I get:

this is due to an uninitialised field (ACB_INFO) or the password expiry
time.  it's fixed in private/smbpasswd (jerry carter, if i recall
correctly) but of course the ldap code was developed partially cut/paste
style...