Was: NT authentication for 95/98 users mounting a unix FS

Ana Maria Escalante aescalan at ifcsun1.ifisiol.unam.mx
Wed May 26 17:02:51 GMT 1999

Hi again:
     The only difference I can see between your smb.conf and mine is the
hosts allow parameter. I have it set to allow conections from my whole
domain (XXX.XXX.XXX. 127.)
     You do not need an smbpasswd file on your unix box, but should have
the same unix and NT users. I think you also need to have the name and
address of your PDC on the unix /etc/hosts file. Now you will only need to
set something like:  USE K: "\\UNIXSRVR\HOMES"  on the logon script and it
must work fine.
     I should say that my configuration is a little bit different from
yours, because I do not have an NT server at all, y use samba 2.0.4 over
linux redhat 6.0 as my PDC, but I think that the configuration of the
share server must be the same in either case.
     I hope this could help you.

                        Cheers

                      Ana Maria Escalante