Was: NT authentication for 95/98 users mounting a unix FS

Hoyt, Travis (Contractor) thoyt at harris.com
Thu May 27 14:48:06 GMT 1999

First I'd like to thank those that have helped me thus far.  I'm still having a
problem however.
I've made changes to my smb.conf file and I have included a sanitized version of
it below
for your viewing pleasure.

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from myhost
# Date: 1999/05/27 08:38:09

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = <myworkgroup>
	server string = Samba Server
	security = SERVER
	log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
	max log size = 50
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY
	password server = <my pdc>

[b15r713]
	path = /tmp
	print ok = Yes

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	path = /export/home/%U
	read only = No
	browseable = No

[tmp]
	comment = temporary files
	path = /tmp

I tried to keep my conf file small and simple to prevent any other problems from
occuring.  The problem I am getting
now is that when I go to mount my home directory on the unix box it requests a
password, something I had hoped
to avoid.  An additional problem is that even when I type in my password it
refuses it saying it is incorrect, however
I know this is not the case because my password for my unix account is the same
as what I have for my NT domain
login.

Any ideas as to what else I may need to change to get this working?

Thanks,

Travis