Still can't turn off roaming profiles

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu May 27 02:26:58 GMT 1999

At 11:02 AM 27/05/1999 +1000, Pam Buffington wrote:
>In NT Policy Editor there's a delete cached profiles when a user logs out....
>So NT Most definitely CAN do this and handle this.

That is refering to locally cached profiles, where a computer is user by a
large number of people the local cache for each eats up a very significent
amount of disk space. Don't confuse it with the 'main' profile that NT
stores on the server (or whereever you send it). To make it clearer, NT
likes to store two copies, one locally and one on the server. next time you
start up, it uses the server copy if available unless the local copy is
more recent.

>BTW: How do I make the system NOT store the IE Cache files in the profile?
>(On a domain basis or machine basis, I know how to do it per user.)

Make a policy that alters the registery entry that you already know about.
Got to have policies working of course.

David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au