NT authentication for 95/98 users mounting a unix FS

Ana Maria Escalante aescalan at ifcsun1.ifisiol.unam.mx
Tue May 25 16:22:01 GMT 1999

Hi Travis:
     I have done something similar here. You must install samba on your
unix box (where the home directories reside) and configure it as slave or
file sharing server (i.e. not as a controler). Your smb.conf must have the
same workgroup as the domain of your NT PDC, security=server and as
password server you must set the name of your PDC. Just comment out all
the references to the password file and encription, wins and dns. But keep
the homes share definition or generate a new share named whatever you
like, pointing to the home directories of your users. Do not forget to map
the share point on the users logon script, so they may see their home
directory every time the connect to you NT server.
     Hope this help.

                     Cheers

                     Ana Maria