security = DOMAIN??

Adrian Goins monachus at dimensional.com
Tue May 25 16:56:53 GMT 1999

Quoting Jae Chi (jchi at yahoo.com):
> I had the PDC stuff working with the security set to
> user. Then I wanted to utilize the NT's domain user
> manager tool. So, I changed the security to DOMAIN.
> Now samba won't start. Would someone be able to shed
> some light?

security = user => PDC
security = domain => passes all requests to another server

if you don't have 'password server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' in your smb.conf, it
will wreak havoc with functionality.  you can still be a domain controller
with 'security = user'...in fact, you have to have it set to user if you
want to be a PDC.

--
Adrian Goins
NetOps Director

---
Adrian Goins           | D i m e n s i o n a l   C o m m u n i c a t i o n s |
monachus at dim.com       | DSL/V90/K56flex/V34/ISDN/Frame/T1/T3 starts @$25/mo |
303.285.INET voice     |  http://www.dimensional.com/  info at dimensional.com  |
888.3.DIMCOM tollfree  |  Denver * Boulder * Longmont * Bailey * CO Springs  |