Log on with administrator rights.

Alfredo Ramos ralf at is.rice.edu
Tue May 25 13:31:44 GMT 1999

Hi you all;
any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

I need to logon to the samba box from an NT machine with administrator
rights. But when I follow the instructions on FAQ 4.3.1., samba rejects
the entries in smb.conf for domain group, local group, and domain user
map. It says "Unknown parameter encountered".

I'm running release 2.0.4b. Sample smb.conf follows.

Please help!

[global]
..
..
..
   domain logons = yes
   domain group map = /usr/site/samba/lib/domaingroup.map
   local group map = /usr/site/samba/lib/localgroup.map
   domain user map = /usr/site/samba/lib/domainuser.map
..
..
..

Thanks;

Al.

                                                  | Alfredo Ramos
This space available for rent.                    | New Media & Student Computing
Get your product moving. Advertise here!          | Rice University.