Still can't turn off roaming profiles

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue May 25 12:45:03 GMT 1999

Pavel Milev wrote:

>   Is
>   [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
>  NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
>                                              "DeleteRoamingCache"=dword:00000000
>   the only thing that have to be done ?

This only disables the keeping of cached versions of the
profile around.  It has nothing to do with disabling roaming
profiles.

The profile location for a domain user is set in the user
information packet passed back from the server at logon.
Try setting

	logon path = c:\winnt\profiles\%U

I suggested this before and got reports back that it worked.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )