Unix/Samba password sync on NIS Slave server ?

Tomek Jarosinski tomek at is.fh-hamburg.de
Sun May 23 03:43:14 GMT 1999

Hello,
In one of our departement we have a situation like this: we have one nis
master server with homes only for cad programs (catia), and we have
another server, which is the nis-slave for the first server, so we can
use the same accounts, but with another homes for all other programs. So
every user has the same user id and passwd, but he has two homes areas -
one for cad and one for everything else. Samba is running on the
nis-SLAVE server. Does samba-unix password sync is working also on the
nis-slave server ?