WINS errors

Adrian Goins monachus at dimensional.com
Mon May 24 22:30:20 GMT 1999

I'm getting the following in my nmbd logfile:

[1999/05/24 16:27:30, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_packets.c:validate_nmb_response_packet(1250)
  validate_nmb_response_packet: Bad REG/REFRESH Packet. Ignoring response
packet with opcode 8.

[1999/05/24 16:29:44, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_name_refresh_request(180)
  process_name_refresh_request: unicast name registration request received
for name IS~BLACKDWARF<00> from IP 206.124.0.54 on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET.
Error - should be sent to WINS server

i'm not sure what the problem is or how to make it go away...

--
Adrian Goins
NetOps Director

---
Adrian Goins           | D i m e n s i o n a l   C o m m u n i c a t i o n s |
monachus at dim.com       | DSL/V90/K56flex/V34/ISDN/Frame/T1/T3 starts @$25/mo |
303.285.INET voice     |  http://www.dimensional.com/  info at dimensional.com  |
888.3.DIMCOM tollfree  |  Denver * Boulder * Longmont * Bailey * CO Springs  |