Windows 2000 Beta 3 and PDC?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Sat May 22 10:58:29 GMT 1999

which version of samba?  this is important to report to microsoft.  if you
obtain that netmon trace please send one at least to me, i will make sure
that the right people get it.

thanks philip!

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Philip Mayers wrote:

> I get a BSOD sometimes when trying to even *browse* a network with Samba as
> a WINS server. Joining the domain will give a reliable BAD_POOL_CALLER. I
> suspect Win2k is going to require a lot of work before it works as well as
> NT4, simply because MS changed an *awful* lot about the way NT networks
> function (namely default authentication not being NTLM and domains being
> replaced by AD).
>
> Theoretically a Win2K box should work on an NT4 domain (and therefore Samba
> PDC) fine, but it doesn't... Time to get netmon out I guess...
>
> Cheers,
> Phil
>
> "It doesn't matter if you win or lose. It matters if I win or lose."

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton        |  Direct Dial   : (678) 443-6183
Systems Engineer / ISS XForce Team  |  ISS Front Desk: (678) 443-6000
Internet Security Systems, Inc.     |  ISS Fax       : (678) 443-6477

http://www.iss.net/    *Adaptive Network Security for the Enterprise*
     ISS Connect   -   International User Conference   -  May '99