I joined the samba domain, but i can´t login

Tomek Jarosinski tomek at is.fh-hamburg.de
Fri May 21 00:46:33 GMT 1999

So, samba pdc on my server is running. I joined the samba domain, but i
can´t login. In the login window i can see local client and samba
domain. When i choose domain, my unix password is not accepted.
I have smbpasswd with all users, but of course instead of encrypted
password i have only XXXX... in the smbpasswd.
What happen actually when the user logs for the first time from ntws
into the samba domain ? User has not password in smbpasswd, only in
/etc/shadow is encrypted password.
Any ideas ?
Tomek