Logon Scripts for 98?

Graham sparky at dcs.warwick.ac.uk
Thu May 20 15:18:33 GMT 1999

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Mattias Laage wrote:

> Graham wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been using samba as a PDC for a while now and it works great,
> > however I cant get Win 98 to run a logon script (NT does so quite happily).
> >
> > Is this possible and if so how?
>
> Win 98 does not execute files with the extension *.cmd,
> only files *.bat are accepted as batch files

I've got a .BAT file(same as NT uses), but it doesnt even attempt to run it.
Downloads the roaming profile fine, but thats about it.

Is there any extra settings (registry or smb.conf) required to tell 98 to use
logon scripts?

Cheers,

Graham

  graham at localbar.com               \ || /
                                  \--------/              2nd Year
                                   \ .  . /      Computer Systems Engineering
                                    \ -- /           University Of Warwick
 http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~esugz     \  /
                                      \/