PDC + unix password sync

Dave J. Andruczyk dave at www.buffalostate.edu
Tue May 18 18:26:26 GMT 1999

> > Yes, and by the way, if you're serious that users should 'never' come
> in
> > contact with the unix shell, you don't need to worry about passwd
> sync --
> > changing the passwd password is irrelevant.
>
> nope, because you need the passwd-password for mail, for firewalls(if
> you have one), for ftp-login etc

not necessarily.  If you have a PAM system (redhat, solaris) you can use
the pam_smb.so module to authenticate from a samba or NT server...

Works GREAT. (I use it so users can use netatalk and samba with the same
username/passwords)

Dave J. Andruczyk
Instructional Support Associate
Department of Technology