Profiles : always retrieving 'default' prototype.

Melissa M. Thrush mmt4q at ee.virginia.edu
Mon May 17 18:57:13 GMT 1999

In a doc called "ntroamprofile" it says:

"If you are using a samba server for the profiles, you must make
the share specified in the logon path browseable.  Windows 95
appears to check that it can see the share and any subdirectories
within that share specified by the logon path option, rather than
just connecting straight away.  It also attempts to create the
components of the full path for you.  If the creation of any
component fails, or if it cannot see any component of the path,
the profile creation / reading fails."

Hope this helps.  I'm just getting ready to try this in a mixed
Win95/WinNT workstation environment.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Thrush