Problems with profiles

Samuel Liddicott sam at campbellsci.co.uk
Mon May 17 15:09:39 GMT 1999

So you were expecting a remote profile to be downloaded.  Is there one there?

> The person whom always use the same PC didnt have any problems with
> there profiles. Only the sharing PCs are a little bit insane.
> The profilea didnt use the ntconfig.pol.

I noticed that policies don't seem to work right now with 2.1.0

> Only one user gets the permissions I set in ntconfig.pol.
> The others uses the default user permissions.
>
> Is there any help outside?????

I think its just that policies are plain broken in 2.1.0

Turn you logging up to 5 and see if there is any mention of config.pol when a user logs on; if not then its because its broken and thats your problem there.

You could run policy editor on the local PC and turn on roaming profiles properly manually and then it should work.  Roaming profiles worked for us even though the policies were broken.

Sam