Unable to connect to the domain controller

Matthias Wächter matthias at waechter.wol.at
Sun May 16 22:22:44 GMT 1999

On Sun, 16 May 1999, Andrew Perrin - Demography wrote:

> for the server it should be security=user; security=domain is for being a
> domain member. Check the ntdomain documentation and faq for info on how
> to set up the PDC.

In my opinion, the "security=" parameter should have values with
(more) self-explaining names. If I intend to get a Domain Controller, at
first I think that "security=domain" is best (well, it sounds most like
that).

The parameter should be split into:

security=Share/User
User authentication=Local/OtherServer/OtherDomainController

whereby the second is not needed if the first is "Share".

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
Bunt ist das Dasein und granatenstark. Und: Volle Kanne, Hoschis!
                         aus: "Bill und Teds verrückte Reise durch die Zeit"