BUG observation: Broken policies = this delay

Samuel Liddicott sam at campbellsci.co.uk
Tue May 11 15:01:08 GMT 1999

We know that on the 2.1.0 HEAD release there is a BIG delay on logging on to the domain; well I just found out that policies are broken too.

Using the same smb.conf file; 2.0.3 logins open CONFIG.POL (and shown in the logs)
Using the same config file a 1 day old HEAD cvs login takes a LONG time (10 seconds after showing login status banner) and CONFIG.POL is not event attempted to be opened.

Is this helpful?  Could I be informed when this one is fixed in the cvs?

Sam [Paying his HEAD dues]