SP5 issue?

Ingo T. Storm it-samba at computerbild.de
Tue May 11 08:07:32 GMT 1999

Hi,

The Linux machine "Redhat" (redhat Linux 5.2, kernel 2.0.36, Samba 2.0.3)
has been a happy member of my NT-controlled domain for a couple of weeks now
(with password encryption and the lot).

On Sunday I applied SP5 to my NT PDC.

Since then I got the following error (Source NETLOGON, id 5722) twice in the
PDC system (not security) event log with roughly 24h in between:

"The session setup from the computer REDHAT failed to authenticate. The name
of the account referenced in the security database is REDHAT$.  The
following error occurred:
Access is denied."

There are no entries in the security log that mention this "incident".
Neither can I find anything in smb.log or <pdcname>.log on redhat. I can
connect to samba shares on redhat without problems.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Ingo