smb_statfs:dskattr error= 5

r. m. lester rmlester at annapolis.net
Mon May 10 13:39:07 GMT 1999

After I started using Samba 2.0.2 I began getting this message.
I also frequently get kernel: smb_get_length: Invalid NBT packet
and kernel: smb_dont_catch_keepalive: server->data_ready ==
NULL. The statfs: dskattr error is fairly continuous.

I am using linux 2.0.36 and I did not recompile it after
compiling and installing Samba 2.0.2. I did not get the error
with Samba 1.xxx. I am using Samba for NT 4.0--SP 3 which has been faily
stable vice SP 4.

My question is of course what does the error mean and how do I fix it.
I suspect that a kernal recompile might fix it but I don't like errors
that I don't understand.

bob lester
rmlester at annapolis.net

     Distance lends enhancement to the view.