subscibe

Michel Dionne michel at allegrasolutions.ca
Sat May 8 19:32:42 GMT 1999

Hi

    I am interested to know how to use SAMBA as a PDC on IRIX as a way to keep synchronized copies of NIS and SMB user accounts.

The reason is that most of my clients use a mix of OCTANEs and O2s as hi-end workstations and use NTs as secondary systems
but kneed the power of ORIGIN as there file servers. NT server  running on Intel is not powerful enough for the capacity demands of there environment
but is still a needed solution for management purposes.

Running SAMBA as the PDC would cancel the need for a otherwise unneeded NT box.

Thanks                                                            Michel Dionne