MACS

Dean Brissinger brissing at vexcel.com
Fri May 7 17:11:43 GMT 1999

>1) You could probably hack netatalk to pass authentication to samba.
>
>2) Use macintosh services for NT (available with NT Server... I
>don't know if it's included with any of the bundles or if its an
>extra-cost option).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe SAMBA supports
AppleShare in the say MacOS Services for NT does.  From my
experience, the service allows you to create an additional share on
an NT box, that shares to an Appleshare network.  Since Macs have a
different scheme for setting share permissions, NT just creates a
whole new share.  I don't remember exact issues, but I know it was a
nightmare and getting DAVE was a much better solution.