NT domain authentication

Erik Vellmete erik.vellmete at dignos.com
Thu May 6 19:12:47 GMT 1999

Hi there,

I configured samba to authenticate to an NT server (our PDC) and it woks
fine. Now, I want to authenticate users on another linux box (where the
proxy squid is running) using the same passwords.
Therfore I need a small program running under linux which validates a
given user/password combination against the NT PDC. Is there an extract
from the samba code which does exactly this?
Another solution would be samba syncing the domain passwords to a unix
like passwd or shadow file which I can use for my authentication. I
found no way to realize this with samba 2.0.3.

Does anybody know a solution or a helping link?

Thanks
Erik
Erik Vellmete           mailto: erik.vellmete at dignos.com
Dignos EDV-GmbH         Tel.: +49 (0) 6221 348-765
Im Breitspiel 11a       Fax.: +49 (0) 6221 348-711
D-69126 Heidelberg      Germany