kerberos

Johan Hedin johanh at fusion.kth.se
Wed Mar 31 07:25:29 GMT 1999

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, John T Chiodi wrote:

> We would like to intergrate samba into our enviroment.  Is it possible
> for a NT user get their AFS home dir via samba?

Yes, it should be. You will however need to enable clear text passwords on
NT, or get an AFS client for NT.

> If not what are the --with-krb4 and --with afs options for?

The --with-krb4 is just clear text password validation against a Kerberos
4 server instead of /etc/(passwd|shadow). It can be modified to also get
an AFS ticket. Look at the example at
ftp://ftp.pdc.kth.se/pub/krb/src/xdm.patch. You'll need to add the part

if(k_hasafs()){
}

This should work against the KTH Kerberos 4 distribution.

/Johan Hedin