Kerberos authentication

Sean E. Millichamp sean at compu-aid.com
Tue Mar 30 17:47:59 GMT 1999

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Yuji Shinozaki wrote:
>

> > Can you implement the Samba PDC to use KRB5 (or KRB4) authentication?
>
> only with modification of either KRB5, KRB4 or the modification of nt
> clients.  none of these are practical.

I don't know if this is what you are referring to by modification of the
NT clients but the University of Michigan's CITI group has written (or, is
writing) a new GINA in an attempt to implement a PAM for Windows NT.
They say they have both a Kerberos 4 and 5 module (among others).

I don't know how usable it is or how available the source code is, but it
might be worth looking into if you are trying to use NT in a Kerberos
environment.  I also don't know how this works with regard to network
authentication.  The only reason I even know about it is because some of
my college buddies have worked at CITI in the last couple of years :).

Anyway... all the infomation I could find (admittedly not much) is at:

http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/singlesignon/poster2.html

I hope this helps.

Best,
Sean