SWAT and FreeBSD 3.1

Jose M. Alcaide jose at we.lc.ehu.es
Fri Mar 26 09:25:30 GMT 1999

Lanny Baron wrote:

> I recently installed FreeBSD 3.1 on a machine and put in Samba-
> 2.0.3. I have installed Samba before and is currently running on
> another FreeBSD box. The thing is, Swat will not run or rather,
> when prompted for the name and passwd (root and root's passwd)
> it comes back as wrong.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?

I think that a FreeBSD list such as freebsd-questions or freebsd-ports
would be more appropriate for sending this question :-)

How did you installed Samba on your FreeBSD box? I ask you about
this because there is a problem with Samba 2.0.x and FreeBSD's PAM
(pluggable authentication modules). This problem is solved with a
small patch for the Samba source, but this patch is automatically
applied if you install Samba from the wonderful FreeBSD's ports
collection (/usr/ports/net/samba).

If you don't want to install the Samba port, then you could
apply the patch yourself: /usr/ports/net/samba/patches/patch-ad.

Hoping this helps,

-- JMA
José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:jose at we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | mailto:jmas at es.FreeBSD.ORG
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-946012479
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-944858139