Forcing Domain Logons in Win98

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Mar 24 17:24:58 GMT 1999

Nicholas Humfrey wrote:

> Sorry this may be a bit off topic, but I thought
> someone here might have manged this:  I am trying to
> force people to logon to my classroom domain before they
> can access the computer. However I cannot prevent people from
> typing an invalid domain name, which passes the logon over
> to 'Windows Logon' giving them access to the system. Is there
> a way of infocing a single domain or preventing logon
> to invalid domains ?

Ooo! Oooo! Ooooo!  This is my **favorite** hack!

Use a resource editor (one comes with VC++) and open
the mprserv.dll library in it.  You must edit the
file when running Windows NT as Windows 9x does not
support writing change to a binary file.  Now disable
the DOMAIN field in the Windows network logon dialog.
This will prevent changes except by modifying the
registry settings.

Hope this helps,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter